The ultimate no bake New York cheesecake – this quick and easy recipe will have all your guest drooling for more with its crunchy biscuit base and creamy filling.
- 250g full fat soft cheese
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g Biscuit of choice – i use digestive chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 inch push out cake tin
- place biscuits into a food processor and whiz until biscuits have crushed- you can also place biscuits into a food bag and use rolling pin to bish bash bosh.
- melt butter in microwave – quick blast of 30 seconds until all the butter has melted.
- Mix melted butter and crushed biscuits together and place in cake tin, using a spoon push the mixture down. leave to cool in fridge.
- In a large bowl using a electric mixer/ hand whisk mix together cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar, vanilla extract – until the mixture forms soft/medium peaks.
- your crushed biscuits should have set by now, remove from fridge and spoon over the filling – allow to set in fridge for 15-30 minutes
- once set push out of tin and serve with cream or ice cream
There you have it New York cheesecake.
Tips on how to change it up
- you can add a thin layer of; peanut butter, chocolate spread or jam between the biscuit base and filling.
- add some mixed berries or lemon zest to your filling to give your New York cheesecake a slight kick.