Ever tried the Rio BBQ bites from KFC and did it leave you with wanting more, but spending £1.49 on 5/6 bite size chicken pieces just wasn’t worth it. Well I’ve got the perfect recipe for you to enjoy with your family and friends from the comfort of your own home.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce of choice – I used HP brand
- 1 tbsp Chilly Sauce of choice – I used Encona branded
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Oil to fry
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces wash and let it drain in colander
- In a medium bowl (bare in mind it will need to be big enough to add your chicken into) add BBQ sauce, honey and chilly sauce.
- Add enough oil into the frying pan to deep fry chicken and allow it to heat
- Pre-heat oven to 160°
- Roll each chicken bite into plain flour and deep fry on high heat until golden and crispy
- Add fried chicken into sauce marinade and give it a stir until all the pieces are coated with the marinade.
- Place chicken on a non stick baking tray and allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
There you have it finger licking good BBQ chicken bites great for adults and kids.